The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 in Ontario has dipped below 1,000 for the first time since late December.
According to provincial health officials, there are currently 842 people with COVID-19 receiving treatment in hospital, down from 1,056 last week. It is the first time since Dec. 30 that this number has dropped below 1,000.
“Please note that not all hospitals report on weekends,” Ontario Health Minister Christine Elliott tweeted Sunday.
She said the number of patients in intensive care also dipped to 281 today, down from 284 on Saturday and 324 last Sunday.
The province says 10 more virus-related deaths were confirmed today.
Another 2,001 new COVID-19 cases were detected by provincial labs over the past 24 hours but that number continues to be an undercount due to restrictions on who is eligible to be tested.
More to come…